Testo-MAX is my number 1 choice for the best testosterone booster supplement right now. The pills are on the expensive side, but they deliver great results and should be part of every mans bodybuilding kit. You can read my full review of Testo-MAX here or buy the pills below.
Buy Testo-MAX here
TestoGen is also a very effective way to increase your testerone level in your body and it comes with a great money back guarantee. You can read my full review of TestoGen here.
Buy TestoGen here
Testo TEK is my third choice for my top 3 list of the best T booster supplements. You can read my full review of Testo TEK here.
Buy Testo TEK here
What is a testosterone booster?
Testosterone Boosters are very popular with athletes and body-builders as they do not have to resort to illegal anabolics for getting faster results. Generally, all testosterone boosters are approved by FDA which makes their usage legal and safe. However, it should only be consumed after attaining the age of 18. Doctors also prescribe their usage to treat people diagnosed with low levels of testosterone.
What are the signs of low testosterone?
As said earlier, testosterone plays an important role in your health, whether your level is high or especially if it’s low. You will see and feel a negative effect on your body both physical and metally.
Here are some of the symptoms you will see if you have a low level of testosterone:
- Decrease of sex drive – With low levels of testosterone, the sexual desire will decrease significantly and might be absent as well ruining your sex life.
- Erectile Dysfunction – Low testosterone levels not only makes you lack interest in sex but also may lead to inability to keep or get a penile erection for having sexual intercourse.
- Low semen production – The hypothalamus of the brain triggers the pituitary gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). The LH then triggers the Leydig cells in the testes for the production of testosterone which acts with FSH to make sperms. So, if the testosterone level is low, it will decrease the sperm count leading to infertility in men.
- Increase in body fat – Low testosterone levels in the body lowers metabolism and increases body fat. Also, the more body fat you have the lower will be the testosterone level.
- Abnormal breast growth – Lower testosterone gives way to the production of more estrogen (female hormone) in a man’s body. This makes a man to grow breasts abnormally which deplete the self-confidence. Aromatase, an enzyme usually present in the tissues of body fat plays the main part in this process.
- Low energy levels – You will be easily fatigued with your daily activities decreasing energy levels and stamina in your body if you are with Low T.
- Hair loss – As testosterone is the male hormone, it is also responsible for the hair growth in men and lower the level lower will be the growth of hair. Beards and mustaches not growing well enough can be a sign of Low T.
- Decrease in muscle mass – If you are working out hard in the gym but not getting the desired results, it can be due to Low T. High testosterone levels burn the adipose tissues (body fat) and help you grow lean muscle mass quickly.
- Osteoporosis – You will develop brittle bones leading to osteoporosis with low levels of testosterone.
- Low Concentration – Low T is also responsible for sudden mood swings and lower concentration. It may also lead to Alzheimer’s disease in men.
- Increased stress – You will not be able to cope up with your daily activities with Low T resulting in stress. Also, fatigue or obesity may lead to depression adding to your stress.
- Decrease in physical strength – Studies have shown that low testosterone levels weakens you. With brittle bones and decreased muscle mass, it is evident that you will lose the physical strength.
Do testosterone boosters work?
The sex hormone binding globulin(SHBG) and albumin are the two proteins where most of the testosterone produced gets attached. The albumin bound testosterone is the lesser fraction as compared to SHBG. The albumin bound and the free testosterone are known as bioavailable testosterone which can be actually used by the body to treat the signs of Low T. The natural herbal ingredients that constitute testosterone boosters inhibit the conversion of testosterone to estrogen and also directly increases the production of free testosterone in the Leydig cells for their usage.
If you are taking in testosterone boosters, you are sure to find the difference at the gym by lifting heavier weights easily and gain more lean muscle mass with fast burning of the body fat. This difference can be felt as quickly as within two weeks from the date of consumption.
What are the benefits?
Testosterone boosters increase the level of testosterone in your body giving all round health benefits apart from treating the symptoms of Low T.
- Improved sex life – High levels of testosterone in the blood increases libido. You will have that urge to have sex and better blood flow to the penis will make you have harder and better penile erections improving your sexual performance. Some of the ingredients in testosterone boosters make you have sex for an extended duration before the orgasm. Also, the significant increase in semen production makes you potent.
- Decrease in obesity – Testosterone boosters are not weight loss pills but with the increase in testosterone levels in your body, you are sure to burn the adipose tissues preventing the aromatase enzyme to produce estrogen. Combined with proper workout and diet plan, you will burn fat quickly.
- Increase in lean muscle mass – With high testosterone levels you can easily gain lean muscle mass for a great masculine body. As the body fat decreases, it also makes way for the lean muscles to develop. Body-builders commonly use testosterone boosters for this purpose and getting quicker results.
- Strengthening of bones – Not only will you gain more muscle mass but also it will increase the bone density for stronger bones to support your muscles.
- Increase in physical strength – High testosterone levels help you to gain muscles that will be strong and real. Along with healthy bones, your physical strength will be increased which helps in your daily activities as well.
- Increase in energy and stamina – Increased testosterone levels provide you with high energy levels and stamina making you always ready for the next task.
- Decrease in recovery time – After a hectic workout, you need time to recuperate. This time is decreased with high levels of testosterone in your blood aiding you to endure the physical stress. This also helps you to get better and quicker results.
- Better concentration – High testosterone levels lower the sudden mood swings so that you have improved concentration with a sharper mind.
- Lower stress – It lowers your stress levels and depression. Obesity adds to the cause of depression and with your fat burning quickly, this helps a lot. With higher energy levels, you will be full of spirit.
- Increases blood cells – The blood will be oxygen-rich and the circulation in the body will be increased aiding to the muscle growth. The more blood you will have the lesser will be the chances of anemia.
- Improves general health – The blood sugar is also regulated by testosterone levels as high blood sugar decreases the testosterone levels in the blood. With increased testosterone levels in the blood, you will be lesser prone to being diabetic. Higher levels of testosterone also improves cardiovascular health and controls the cholesterol level.
What ingredients are there in testosterone boosters?
Testosterone boosters comprise of natural herbal products and some minerals or vitamins, boosting the testosterone levels naturally and effectively. Here is a list of the most commonly used ingredients of testosterone boosters.
- D-Aspartic Acid
D-Aspartic acid (DAA) boosts the production of free testosterone by stimulating the pituitary gland for releasing more luteinizing hormone (LH). Studies have confirmed that DAA alone increases testosterone by more than 40% in 12 days making it a key ingredient in almost all good testosterone boosters. This amino acid triggers growth hormone and improves oxygen-rich blood circulation in the body.
DAA is available at a low level in our body which decreases constantly with age. So, supplements are very necessary to maintain the level because deficiency will result in Low T. It is important to check the dosage because low levels will not work and again, high levels might increase acne and affect mood swings.
The next important mineral for boosting the testosterone levels is zinc. It is primarily available in the testosterone boosters in the form of zinc oxide. Studies have found that zinc is essential for androstenedione which is directly involved in the biosynthesis of testosterone. Men who consumed 30 mg of zinc everyday showed an increased level of free testosterone in their body.
Zinc is a proven aphrodisiac that decreases aromatase, increases semen production, lowers fatigue, and gives you a sharper mind. If oysters are not regular in your daily meal, you might have deficiency of this mineral leading to Low T because zinc is readily not available in your daily meals making it necessary to be consumed as supplements. You lose some quantity of zinc with every ejaculation and it is important to keep the right balance because an overdose might result in zinc toxicity as well.
- Vitamin D3This vitamin is well-known for increasing the testosterone production and strengthening bones. You will generally know the benefits of taking a sunbath as this vitamin is present in the sun’s rays. However, not much exposure to sunlight or the winter season makes it very essential to take this vitamin as a supplement. Moreover, lower levels of this vitamin do not give optimum results making the use of supplements essential.
The cells of the testosterone producing glands have Vitamin D receptors and as Vitamin D3 is received by the body, it stimulates the production resulting in increased protein synthesis for gaining lean muscles with faster fat burning. It also prevents aromatase activity and helps in better absorption of magnesium and calcium by the body for all round health benefits apart from maintaining healthy teeth and strong bones.
- Panax Ginseng
Nitric oxide in the blood plays a major role in testosterone production, getting erections and blood flow. Higher levels of nitric oxide in the blood widens the arteries for better blood circulation which stimulates the production of testosterone, getting better penile erections with increased libido and good cardiovascular health. Ginsenosides in ginseng increases the nitric oxide level aiding to the entire process. Panax Ginseng (referred to as Korean Ginseng in Asia) is the ideal ginseng type to be used among others when it comes to man’s health.
- Fenugreek Extract
Fenugreek seeds extract naturally increases the production of free testosterone and lowers the estrogen levels in a man’s body by inhibiting aromatase. It also helps in burning fat quickly letting you to gain more lean muscle mass with proper protein synthesis. Moreover, the 4-hydroxyisoleucine in this herbal extract controls the blood sugar levels and cholesterol in the blood giving you a better cardiovascular health.
Are there any side effects?
The anabolic steroids that were in use in the past by athletes and body-builders were banned by the FDA due to their immense adverse side effects. Unlike them, the ingredients of the testosterone boosters generally do not have any side effects and are approved by the FDA. However, there are chances of facing some minor side effects with their usage.
If the zinc intake is very high, it may result in zinc toxicity causing diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and even kidney damage. So, it is important to check your meals if they are rich in zinc. It is better to skip zinc-rich meals if you are consuming testosterone supplements.
The higher levels of testosterone in the body might also increase acne significantly or cause headaches. The increased level of energy will make you very active which might cause trouble in getting sleep. Hair growth will be more with increased testosterone levels but you can use this to your advantage of getting a more masculine look with sporting some facial hair.
The truth about testosterone myths
You will often hear about high levels of testosterone have many side effects that may ruin your life. Here is a compilation of the common myths and actual truths of high testosterone levels.
- Anti-social behavior – You will often hear that high T will make you develop anti-social behavior. However, the truth is no hormone can make you develop any kind of behavior. It completely depends on the person’s upbringing and especially during the adolescence. If a child is tortured or brought up in an anti-social world, he is likely to develop an anti-social behavior irrespective of the testosterone levels.
- It makes you aggressive and angry – Studies have found that it is just the opposite. High levels of testosterone in the body decreases stress and depression with improved concentration making you less aggressive and angry. Men with low T showed aggressive behavior and the testosterone replacement therapy significantly lowered their anger. This study was conducted by Dr. Christina Wang of Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
- It causes prostate cancer – It is believed that high levels of testosterone may lead to prostate cancer. The fact is that no research work till date could confirm this. Prostate glands have dihydrotestosterone (DHT) receptors and higher the testosterone levels higher will be the DHT levels initiating protein synthesis causing the prostate to grow. However, this generally does not lead to cancer and studies have found that men who were under the testosterone therapy had grown their prostate glands only to the normal state.
Scientists now believe that estrogen levels might play a significant role in prostate cancer as this regulates the hormonal balances. However, studies are yet to confirm this proposition as well.
Do I need a testosterone booster?